How to Take Good Care of a Saddle?
Taking good care of a saddle is important. This is to make sure that it will be useful until the very last part of its life. You must know the right way of taking care of it. By knowing it, you will be able to make the life of the saddle good for a long time. You do not have to worry about using it the next time since you already know how to maintain it,to keep its look and its comfortable feel for your horse. Below are more of important things you should know about how to take care of your saddle.
- You must keep the saddle dry and dirt free. The saddle must be out of direct heat. It must be stored or kept in a place where there is no direct sunlight, dust free, and cool. However, the temperature should be consistent, always remember that direct sunlight is not good for it. Allow to dry the saddle naturally and away from the direct source of heat. This step can make the saddle last for countlessdecades even if you use it regularly.
- The regular cleaning you can do for the best leather for saddles can be the easiest way to keep it clean. Preferably, it is recommended to wipe the saddle down right after every time that they ride by using a damp and not wet cloth or sponge. This is to remove the sweat and dirt that the saddle caught up. The more that the rider used the saddle, the more thorough clean-up must be done.
- Tack must be kept cleaned as well. If it is not being cleaned regularly, it can build up dirt and absolutely sweat which can cause prickly roughness on your horse. Not only the horse will be suffering from the dirt and sweat but also the leather itself. Keeping it clean can make it preserve its value. You can look for a tack care supply that can help you keeping your tack clean.
- Once you clean the saddle with soap, you can use a conditioner that restores the moisture being removed during the cleaning procedure. Occasional conditioning can make your saddle bring back natural oils. There are still other products that can help your saddle be in good condition.
- The straps of your saddle must be kept clean and conditioned as well. If you fail to oil the straps, the leather may crack and weaken. But too much putting of oil in a humid climatemay also weaken the leather. So make sure that you properly condition and use oil carefully to the leather to keep it looks good.
To make it simpler, keep in mind to follow the important advice in taking good care of the saddle. If you are not familiar with it, there is no reason to hesitate in asking the store where you bought it. They can provide details on how to take care of it and where to get cleaners and care products to help you keep it clean. This will ensure keeping it last a lifetime.